Here are some 1990s-inspired trivia questions that you can use to test your knowledge about the last decade of the 20th century.
How many can you guess?
Answers can be found at the bottom of the page. Enjoy!
1. First Latino to be inducted in the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. His duet with Matchbox 20s Rob Thomas spent 19 weeks at #1 on the Billboard Charts at the end of 1999. It was the last top single of the decade.
2. In 1996, scientists at the Roslin Institute of Scotland made the first and famous clone. What was the first clone?
3. First feature-length movie which was entirely made on computers. The film required a massive 114, 240 frames of animation.
4. In 1996, this Los Del Rio Latin song spent 14 weeks at the number 1 spot on the Billboard Charts. It also paved the way for Latino artists like Ricky Martin and Jennifer Lopez.
5. Which famous London landmark is owned by the Dodi Al-Fayed's father, Mohammed Al-Fayed. It also features a memorial for Dodi and Princess Diana.
6. Apple's iMac burst onto the scene in 1998, what did the "i" stand for?
7. Which crimefighting group did Tommy, Zack, Kimberly, Billy and Trini (Alicia) represent?
8. Who did Mike Tyson bite during one of their matches in the 1990s?
9. What group had the hit wonder "lovefool"?
10. In which Claire Danes-Leonardo Di Caprio movie was "Lovefool" part of the soundtrack?
11. In which 1990s movie, did Robin Williams win his Best Supporting Actor Award?
12. (follow-up on Number 11) Who played Will Hunting in that movie?
13. Which medication was originally intended to control blood pressure?
14. Who was the United Kingdom's Prime Minister who coined the term "People's Princess" when Princess Diana was killed in an accident in 1997?
15. Mount Pinatubo erupts in the Philippines, killing over 300 people in one of the largest volcanic events ever recorded. What year did this happen?
16. Deep Blue, a supercomputer, had a series of chess matches with Gary Kasparov. Which company created Deep Blue?
17. This 1999 movie revolutionized the pseudo-docu type of filmmaking.
18. In 1990, this fastfood chain opened it's first restaurant in Moscow.
19. In which European Nuclear Research facility did Tim Berners-Lee create the World Wide Web?
20. Which country did Iraq invade in 1990?
21. In Godfather III, Sofia Coppola played Mary Corleone. Who was originally cast to play that part?
22. In the first season of "The West Wing", she played Media Consultant Mandy Hampton?
23. In the hit TV show, "Friends", what kind of pet did Ross Geller had?
24. What was the name of the album that Alanis Morrissette released in 1995?
25. What was the name of the Boy Band that Ronan Keating belonged to in the 1990s?
26. Name the Israeli Prime Minister who was assassinated in 1995?
27. Terrorists trained by Al-Qaeda bombed the World Trade Center. In which year did this happen?
28. Name the young actor who died infront of the Viper Room?
29. What was the name of the magazine that John F. Kennedy Jr. co-founded in 1995?
30. (follow-up on number 30) Who was the supermodel featured on the cover of the first issue?
31. Who played the love interest of Alicia Silverstone's character in the movie, "Clueless"?
32. Which Aerosmith music video featured Alicia Silverstone and Liv Tyler?
33. What was the name of the controversial book that Madonna published in 1992?
34. This single which was released in 1995, featured the siblings Michael and Janet Jackson.
35. Who sang background vocals in Babyface's single, "Everytime I close my eyes"?
36. Name the White House Intern who got embroiled in a sex scandal with President Bill Clinton?
37. Name the title of Vanilla Ice's debut film?
38. In which city was the 1996 Olympics held?
39. In 1995, this organization officially replaced the General Agreement on Tariffs and Trade (GATT)?
40. Name the famous fashion designer who was killed in 1997.
41. This Japanese handheld digital pet was introduced in 1996.
42. This movie line made Cuba Gooding Jr. famous?
43. Name the web browser which competed with Microsoft's Internet Explorer?
44. What year did Amazon.com go online?
45. Who was Time Magazine's Person of the Year for 1999?
1. (Carlos Santana)
3. (Toy Story)
7. (The Mighty Morphin Power Rangers)
8. (Evander Holyfield)
9. (The Cardigans)
10. (Romeo and Juliet)
11. (Good Will Hunting)
12. (Matt Damon)
14. (Tony Blair)
17. (Blair Witch Project)
21. (Winona Ryder)
22. (Moira Kelly)
24. (Jagged Little Pill)
26. (Yitzhak Rabin)
28. (River Phoenix)
30. (Cindy Crawford)
31. (Paul Rudd)
35. (Mariah Carey)
36. (Monica Lewinsky)
37. (Cool as Ice)
39. World Trade Organization (WTO)
40. (Gianni Versace)
42. (Show Me The Money)
43. (Netscape Navigator)
45. (Jeff Bezos, Amazon.com Founder)