The 87th Academy Awards is just around the corner and we take a look back at 8 Oscar-winning actresses who took home the prize but lost in love.
Within a short time of tasting victory, they had problems with their relationships.
Some say it's a curse, others say it could be that the men got intimidated because of their women's achievements. Whatever the reason may be, we cannot deny that these women do deserve that little gold man.
|Halle Berry taking the stage during the 74th Academy Awards|
2. The 2000 film, Erin Brockovich, about a crusading mom against a corporate giant, was the winning ticket for Julia Roberts. She won the Best Actress award at the 73rd Academy Awards. At that time, she was dating actor Jeremy Bratt. But within the year of the Oscars telecast in 2001, the couple separated.
|Julia Roberts and her Oscar statue|
3. When she won her first Best Actress award for the 1999 movie Boys Don't Cry, Hilary Swank forgot to acknowledge her husband, Chad Lowe. She did make up for it during her Thank You speech for her second Best Actress Oscar for Million Dollar Baby. In 2007, the couple who were married since 1997 decided to get a divorce.
|Hilary Swank and her 2 Oscars|
4. For those folks who had their formative years during the 1990s, Reese Witherspoon, and Ryan Phillippe were the ideal romantic couple. They starred in a movie, dated, got pregnant and had a daughter, married and had another child (this time, it's a boy). Reese won her first Oscar for playing June Cash in the 2005 movie, Walk the Line. But within a year, they separated and finalized their divorce in 2007.
|Reese Witherspoon and her prized in the 78th Academy Awards|
5. Sandra Bullock married rough and tumble Jesse James in 2005. She won the 2009 Best Actress award for her portrayal in Blindside. But within months of the Oscar telecast in 2010, she separated and divorced Jesse James because of his infidelity.
6. Kate Winslet has 6 Academy Award nominations and finally took home the Oscar for The Reader. During this time, she was married to Award-winning director Sam Mendes. She separated from her husband in 2010 and divorced in 2011.
|Kate Winslet and her Oscar|
7. When Jennifer Lawrence won her Oscar for the 2012 movie Silver Linings Playbook, she was dating her X-Men: First Class co-star Nicholas Hoult. They were still together when she received her second Best Supporting Actress nomination for the 2013 movie, American Hustle. By August 2014, they had already called it quits.
8. Gwyneth Paltrow in her pink Ralph Lauren dress received her Best Actress Oscar for Shakespeare in Love during the 71st Academy Awards telecast in 2009. She had an on-again/off-again relationship with her co-star, Ben Affleck. By 2000, they finally decided to end their relationship.