In the Philippines, our summer months are April and May, this is usually the time to go on long holidays and just chill out. For me, this is the time to review what are the books that I can enjoy reading.
It has been a tradition for some folks to build a summer reading list and I'd like to share my own. My list is a combination of both fiction and non-fiction genre. Depending on my interest, that's how my list would look like. Right now, most of my book choices are geared towards the British Monarchy and American Financial Dynasties.
Since the start of April, I've read the following books:
- The Queen Victoria's Youngest Son: The Untold Story of Prince Leopold by Charlotte Zeepvat
- Sycamore Row by John Grisham
- Empty Mansions: the Mysterious Life of Huguette Clark and the Spending of a Great American Life by Bill Dedman and Paul Clark Newell Jr.
- The Lincoln Myth by Steve Berry
- The Heir Apparent: A Life of Edward VII, the Playboy Prince by Jane Ridley
Looking forward to reading David Baldacci's The Target which is a Will Robie novel, Dan Jones' The Plantagenets, The House of Morgan by Ron Chernow as well as finishing George RR Martin's A Game of Thrones.
Since my purchase of Amazon's Kindle a few years ago as well as having an Alcatel tablet, most of my book purchases has been in the ebook format. I find it more convenient since I can sync my reading through different devices (e.g. my mobile device, tablet and Kindle). I can also have multiple titles all at the same time without carrying added weight.
What's on your bookshelf?